Friday, October 3, 2008

Campamento

So we went to this campmeeting for the whole weekend… we had to find bikes to get there, so I had to rent one from one of the guys in the dorm.

Luckily, they packed all of our stuff in this huge dirt truck type thing

Not sure exactly how many people were there, think it was at least like 200… and yeah, all on bikes, was like a marathon

There were a few uphills at the start… we could power up them, but hey, it’s Argentina, it’s too tranquilo here for that!

There’s Gabby, full of energy. The trip took the whole afternoon, several hours, think it was like 15 miles or so

When we got there, we helped just randomly put all the bikes in one spot, It was like valet parking… for the lower class. Also like shopping, we got to ride each on a little way. That’s when I decided I really want to wait around to find a playera (beach cruiser).

Here’s some dudes making the bathrooms. They get pretty inventive with the bamboo here, there’s tons of it. So we had like 6 or so portapoddies… a hole in the ground, with a bag of lime hanging over the edge.

And of course, there was the cow pie gatherers… better to have it all in one big pile than to plop your tent down over one accidentally!

Now why didn’t I ever think of this in all my years of camping… good job Gi!

The crowd for church

Random VW-lookin’ van, just looked picture worthy

Sheshe, whether at the dinner table or at camp, always playing with her food… ok, so I helped a little!

What a bad example, sleeping during the sermon! It did give us something to do… mess with him, and take pictures.

Some of the tents, they were all pretty crammed in there

El arroyo – the creek. Water wasn’t the cleanest, but on a hot day it was good enough to get your legs wet

The beach was nice… too nice. “Voce e picofumo” – Portuguise for “you’re a lazy bum”

So me and Sheshe went to work building our sand castile – castilla de arena

Somos ninos

Vevi and the black dog. So this dog is from the university, he noticed a bunch of people going somewhere, so he followed, running the whole way. And yup, he followed us back home at the end of the weekend too.

One of the games we played, one girl had to write down random lyrics to songs while everyone else was in unison singing other songs. Sheesh, that’s hard to do in English, glad they didn’t volunteer me!

Group picture… did I mention they like taking pictures down here?

So I threw my camera to Dustin to take a pic, the throw was a foot short, fumble, and camera on the sand. When I showed him later that it was busted, and I had to use small twigs to operate the shutter, I captured this classic look, “Dude, en serio? I broke your camera?

I didn’t mind carrying around a little twig with my everywhere (had to widdle a nice one), but it was just a bit of a challenge for other people to figure out how to use the thing

Oh, the fire! Got pretty cold at night. One night we had this huge scavenger hunt thing, four huge groups, we were team Azul (blue), one of the last things was to tromp through the creek to the other side and back (it was cold enough in the day time!), so we wussed out and cleverly defected to team Rojo (red) until we were out of site, then we just pulled out the tutucas (like sugar snaps, cereal, really good stuff!) and enjoyed the warmth of the fire

The last day was really hot. Besides being lazy bums, we did participate in some of the games – volleyball, egg toss, human wheelbarrow, …the usual.

Random nature picture… gotta have at least one or two of those!

Sheshe – pink flamenco

And there was some people dunking too

We were hot, tired, and ready to leave… probably should’ve saved some water for the ride back…oops.

And back at school, ready for classes tomorrow…. not really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony! This is Laura Ross from Grants Pass. I just found your blog page! I love it! it's so cool.
I am taking spanish at the college in town with my mom. it's kinda weird but anyway,
later,
:)