Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Ultimate Triple-cross Surprise Party

What turned out to be the greatest surprise party I have ever witnessed started out in the mind of 3 college students as a simple story, each different, each for each other...


The Situation:


A surprise party was organized and orchestrated to commemorate the birthdays of Jen Fos, and Brittany Donahue, and the out of the country departure of myself, Tony Morin. Here's how it played out....


In my mind:


We were celebrating Jen's birthday, with the help of Brittany to organize and provide the location. Brittany was inviting Jen over to her grandparents' house to meet them and have dinner. The rest of us would get there early, hide our cars, and surpirse her. She would get a ride from Scott, since Brittany was with me and Jon buying supplies, and I had forgot (to the delight of everyone else) that Jen had a car.


To top it off, Brittany's birthday was the same day, so after surprising Jen, we would then turn on Brittany to surprise her, who would, of course, never expect it, since she didn't tell anyone of her birthday but Jon, who could never remember.


In Jen's mind:


She was riding with Scott to meet everyone there to surprise me. Brittany was in on it, and Jen's birthday was still officially 3 days from now, after all.


In Brittany's mind:


Brittany knew all about my surprise, but she also knew of Jen's, for the 3 of us (Jon, Brittany, and I) rode together to the store to get supplies for Jen. We would surprise Jen when she arrived, then me afterwards.


The car ride to Bi-Lo... I knew that Brittany and Jon knew about Jen's, and I also knew that Jon and I knew about Brittany's, but Jon and Brittany knew about mine. To top it off, Mariah and Lauren were at checkout when we entered the store, buying stuff for me and Brittany. Mariah later called, sounding nervous, which I thought was because she didn't want Jen or Brittany to know, but really, she didn't want me to know that she knew about me.


Jen loves pink, so we bought her a flower... more like a cactus.



Cake batter!








I decided that we should all park in the field, so Jen wouldn't see all of our cars. Hmmm, too bad she already knew we would be here... only I didn't know that


she knew that I thought that she didn't know I knew... ya know?




What fun for the visitors, some knew they were coming for all three of us, some for two, some one. The surprises were really for everyone!





So here's the fun part, we all signed the card for Jen, since she wasn't here yet, and all present knew about hers. But...



...while Brittany was busy wandering about, I was in charge of sneaking around her card for everyone to sign...


We used a cook book to house the secret card, while I kept watch for Brittany. A couple close calls, but otherwise, we pulled it off, right under her nose...





...little beknown to me, while I was keeping guard over Brittany's card, everyone was craftily busy signing mine!



The pretty pretty pink chair













clever ways to make things stick to your face!


...and your head



The moment arrived, and they sure pulled it off, none of us had a clue!

As you can see....







Thanks to Rob Scott for these wonderful banners, each with a collection of pics from us and our friends.

Spaghetti Dinner, mmmm!



Tony and Scott with all the girls....

...and Lauren with all the guys.


What does happen when you throw balloons into a ceiling fan?


Job Well Done!

No comments: